Deadline: 14th June 2017
The Korean government is working to transform the country’s economy for another century of success, ultimately raising employment, the GDP and Korea’s place in the world. In order to do this, the government is supporting talented entrepreneurs and promising startups to turn Korea and Pangyo Techno Valley into a global startup hub in Asia.
- The top ranked 50 teams selected by the accelerators will be invited to stay in Korea to participate a four-month accelerating program in Pangyo, located south of Seoul.
- At the end of the accelerating program, the government will host a Demo Day to select the top 25 startups from the program.
- They will get additional financial incentives, and if they establish their businesses in Korea, they will get additional support from the government.
Value of Program:
- Audition Prize: Each person will receive $833 (1,000,000 KRW), up to two persons per team (the prize will be given in Korean won).
- Living Expenses: All 50 startups in the program will receive about $12,000 (14,000,000 KRW) to cover living expenses in equal installments over four months.
- Expert Support: Experts from some of the world’s top tech companies with experience taking companies global.
- Corporate Partnerships: Meet Korea’s top tech companies with expertise ranging from smartphones to software to semiconductors.
- Break into Asia: Korea is safe, developed and two-hour flight away from over 1 billion potential customers.
- Grant for Top 25 Startups: The top 25 startups selected at the final Demo Day will be eligible for an additional $27,000 (32,000,000 KRW) grant in equal installments over six months if they establish a legal entity in Korea.
- Grants for Top 4 Startups:
- Top Prize: $100,000 (120,000,000 KRW)
- Second Prize: $40,000 (48,000,000 KRW)
- Second Runner-up: $20,000 (24,000,000 KRW)
- Third Runner-up: $6,000 (7,200,000 KRW)
- Additional Investments: The five accelerators will make equity investments in the most promising startups. Startups will have access to other VC’s and investors who may choose to invest.
For more information and application, click Here
Note: Always refer to the official site of the listed openings as directed. This is for proper information and provisional application. We do our best to bring to you daily fresh updates on open opportunities around the world. See our portal for more resources and freely share with whoever may find some of these relevant to their work.