- Deadline: 31st May 2018
- Open to: All
The Forum of Young Global Leaders is a community of over 800 enterprising, socially-minded men and women selected under the age of 40, who operate as a force for good to overcome barriers that elsewhere stand in the way of progress. The community is made up of leaders from all walks of life, from every region of the world, and from every stakeholder group in society.
- The candidate must have been born on or after 1 January, 1980.
- He/she has a recognized record of extraordinary achievement and a proven track record of substantial leadership experience.
- He/she has demonstrated a personal commitment to serve society at large through exceptional contributions and a deep ethical fiber, and has earned significant trust at both local and global levels.
- He/she has an impeccable record in the public eye and good standing in his/her community, as well as show great self-awareness and a desire for learning.
- Candidates from the business sector must be responsible for the full operation of a qualifying corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles: President, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, Managing Partner or Publisher, or equivalent of any of the above.
Applicant should visit application website to apply
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- YGLs are fully involved in the Forum’s meetings, initiatives and research and interact with the Forum’s wider multistakeholder community.
- YGLs have a powerful role in determining the community’s activities. They are governed by a foundation board of respected leaders and are managed by a dynamic team of young professionals based in Geneva and China.
- Set up as an independent, not-for-profit foundation under the Swiss government, the Forum of Young Global Leaders is an integral part of the World Economic Forum.
Timeline/Duration of Program: 5 years