Deadline: 21, September 2017
The 2017 Nelson Mandela – Graça Machel Innovation Awards is celebrating the 12th year of recognizing individuals and organizations for their excellence, innovation, and bravery in creating positive social change. Nominations are now open for Youth Activists, Individual Activists, Civil Society Organizations, and the newest category of Brave Philanthropy.
The campaign has been created in response to the current global context, in which people around the world are facing increasing attacks on their basic freedoms, and a culture of division is causing many of us to turn against each other.
- Nominators can nominate themselves or organizations with which they are affiliated, or nominate other individuals or organizations.
- Nominators can submit a maximum of one nomination per category.
- Nominations must be based on specific activities that took place between 1 May 2016 and 31 July 2017. (Any nominations based on activities that took place outside of this time frame will not be considered.)
- No member of the Civic Space Initiative or individual who is otherwise involved with the Nelson Mandela–Graça Machel Innovation Awards, whether as an officer, director, employee, or independent contractor, is eligible to be nominated
Applicant that are interested should visit the application website
- The winners of the categories for Youth Activist, Individual Activist, and Civil Society Organisation will receive a $1,500 cash prize and funding to attend International Civil Society Week in Suva, Fiji from 4-8 December 2017, where they will receive their award.
- The winner of the Brave Philanthropy category will have the fees for International Civil Society Week waived.
- All shortlisted and winning nominations will be promoted through the CIVICUS network and via the SPEAK! website.
Trans Energize empowers her readership with the latest updates on a wide range of emerging possibilities, ideas worth sharing. Visit our Homepage for more . . . our opportunities portal and our social deck for much more.