Deadline: October 31, 2017
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award are open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering or a related area. Winners of the fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, an annual stipend, and conference travel support.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters. Students who are in their first or second year of study and are members of a minority group that is underrepresented in the technology sector, may elect to be evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research.
- Students work must be related to one or more of the outlined research areas
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) that the Fellowship is awarded.
- The Fellowship Program is open to PhD students globally who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
- Students applying for an Emerging Scholar award must be in their first or second year of study AND identify as a member of one or more of the following groups Black or African American,Hispanic or LatinoNative , American or Alaskan NativeNative, Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
Required application materials:
- Research Summary 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research. Please reference the research areas.
- Resume or CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
- Two letters of recommendation (Please provide their email addresses):
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry
Each Fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Trans Energize empowers her readership with the latest updates on a wide range of emerging possibilities, ideas worth sharing. Visit our Homepage for more . . . our opportunities portal and our social deck for much more.