- Deadline: November 15, 2017
- Open to: Women across the EU
Applications are now open for the 5ht EU Prize for Women Innovators. The European Commission has launched this EU Prize for Women Innovators to award women entrepreneurs who have achieved outstanding innovations and brought them to market.
Europe urgently needs more innovators to stay competitive in the coming decades and to spur economic growth. Women are underrepresented in terms of creating innovative enterprises. This is an untapped potential for Europe, which needs to optimise all available resources to remain competitive and find solutions to our societal challenges.
That is why the Commission created a Prize for Women Innovators in 2011 to increase public awareness of this issue and to encourage women innovators to exploit the commercial and business opportunities and become entrepreneurs.
The contest is open to women across the EU (or country associated to Horizon 2020) who have:
- Founded a successful company and brought innovation to market
- Benefitted from R&I funding from the public or private sector
- Before you apply, make sure to read the Contest Rules and Application Guide.
Four cash prizes will be awarded to the most innovative women entrepreneurs:
- First Prize: €100 000
- Second Prize: €50 000
- Third Prize: €30 000
- Rising Innovator: €20 000