- Deadline: October 10,2017
- Open to: Young people with relevant work experience
IFC’s Young Professionals Program is a unique opportunity to launch your career as a global investment professional helping to build the private sector in developing countries. You will join as an Associate in the Investment, Advisory or Treasury streams and will be based in Washington DC for at least one year. You will build your expertise through engagements in different countries, close to IFC’s clients. The program is open to final year students working toward an advanced degree such as an MBA, JD, other relevant Masters degrees or recent graduates.
- Applicants should have 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, management consulting or Treasury).
- Other requirements:
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar program.
- Possess strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis.
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends, sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills.
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) is a plus.
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility.
The program features include
- 3-year program with 2 to 3 rotational assignments either in a regional hub or a different industry department or in another World Bank Group institution
- Participating units include Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; TMT, Venture Capital & Funds; Public Private Partnership; and Treasury and Syndications
- Leadership exposure and development that provides strong opportunities for growth
- Active coaching throughout the program.
The program is structured to provide you with a solid understanding of IFC’s business.