Deadline: October 3, 2017
The COP 23 volunteering initiative seeks to involve and engage volunteers who are passionate about climate action, promote values of volunteering, and foster citizen participation. This programme will deliver the necessary training, promoting the values and principles of the United Nations to empower you in the organisation and support of the conference.
- You must be 18+ years old.
- Working knowledge of English is required. Working knowledge of another official United Nations language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese) and German are an asset.
- Candidates with an academic or professional background related to sustainable development, international relations, law, ICT, business or public administration, environmental studies, social sciences or other specialized fields are especially encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team. They should also demonstrate tact and good judgement. Previous volunteering experience is an asset.
- Most importantly, candidates should be highly motivated and eager to contribute towards action on climate change.
- The volunteers will receive a certificate after successful completion of their assignment and are invited to attend the high-level Recognition Ceremony, in honour of their efforts.
- COP 23 shirts will be provided to you. Style and colour of pants and shoes should be appropriate according to your assigned volunteer position.
- You will be provided with a lunch voucher during 6 hour shifts.
- Beyond the event, a seed grant will be available for the best project proposal addressing climate change in the volunteer’s community as part of a Climate Action Challenge.